Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why?

I read recently that my Daddy has been spreading rumors that I LOVE to say that I love things. I have no idea what he's talking about. All I can say is that I LOVE talking. I'm especially fond of one particular new word I've discovered that always gets a response out of my Mommy and Daddy. I'll show you how it works.

"Daddy, why sleep Mommy?"

"Because Mommy's not feeling well."

"Why?"

"Because she's got a sore nose and a cough."


"Why?"

"Because she spent too much time with sick Daddy and caught his germs."

"Why?" (See how great this works. Let's try another one.)

"Daddy, why baby sleep Mommy?"

"Because you're sick, too."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that."


"Ooh, swing. Why?"

"It's a baby swing for Baby Cara."

"Why no baby?"

"Because your little sister likes to play jokes on Mommy and Daddy."



"Why one baby?"
"Because you only put one in there."
"Why?"
"Because there was only one baby in the family room when Daddy finished putting it together."
"Why?"
"Because your other babies are sleeping in your house."


(I can fix that.)


Now that you all have the idea of how this game works, I'm taking this show on the road. Look out, team. The pantsless "Why Train" is coming to a station near you soon. Be prepared with better answers than my Daddy comes up with...

...and definitely stay away from Mommy's "because I said so. Now stop talking." That's no fun.

1 comment:

Auntie Sue said...

Brings back memories! One day I told Katie, "No more questions...I am out of answers." Katie responded, "but that's how I learn! How do you expect me to learn?" OK...and your next question is what?