Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wordy Wednesday...New Beginnings!

Yeah!! First day of school. I can't wait. Mommy and Daddy say all I have to do is stand here in front of the door, hold this sign, and then I can finally get going.

Hey, what's this say?

Daddy, will they teach me how to read this at school? Yes? Good. Alright, let's do one final gear check.



Interim big girl backpack...check.


Lunch box with 2 snacks and 1 juice box...check.


One excited Mommy to see her first born off to school (and to enjoy one on one time with the wee one)...check.


One proud Daddy taking full advantage of not needing a haircut this week...check. Seems like everything is in order. I'd better let Cara know what's going on. I don't want her to worry while I'm away.


Now you see, Cara, I'm going to go out that door, go for a ride in the Mommy and Daddy bus, and then get off at school.


I'm going to take my lunch box so that I can have a snack while at school. You'll stay here with Mommy and Daddy, but don't worry. I'll be back soon. Mommy promised to take good care of you while I'm gone.



Alright, team. I'm ready to go.

Let me at some of that knowledge...and toys.


This looks like the place.

Hurry up, Mommy and Daddy. Let's go inside. I want to meet my teachers and new friends.
I'll put my things right over here on this hook with the duck that has my name on it, and then I can go play, right?
Oh right. Pictures with my teachers. As you can tell, I'm a little distracted by all the toys over there. I'm not really interested in posing with Mrs. Rauch.
I'm a bit better of a sport for Mrs. Vorndran, but behind this forced smile is one clear thought...
"Thanks Uncle Karl and Aunt Beth for giving my Mommy the great idea to have to pose with my teachers each year. You just cost me 5 minutes of valuable play time."
The first day was a huge success. I can't wait to go back on Friday.

No comments: