Yesterday was one of the fun days in the Marine Corps. Daddy didn't have to go to work, and he got to spend the whole day with his girls at a Family Day put on for the Marines in the area at a local farm. Diana exhausted herself on...go ahead and guess...the bounce house, of course. I think Cara stole the show, however, by exhibiting her bravery at every turn. Nothing scares this child. Of course, that might just be the added benefit of having an older sister to show her the way. Let's see what the girls were up to yesterday...
After tearing her away from the bounce house, Diana discovered there were other things to do. Just outside the petting zoo, there were some very safe diggers to play with.
Diggers were too boring for Cara. She wanted to go see those little things inside the fence that were moving.
Things started out with pony rides. Cara saw the pony from the perfectly cool shade of the stroller, pointed, grunted, and promptly found herself riding the pony. Note that she's not holding on to Daddy. She's holding onto the saddle. Daddy's just there because he tends to be paranoid about everything.
Both girls were excited to pose with the green M. It has nothing to do with the fact that Diana got a package of Ms from her earlier in the day.
"Hello, you. I'm Cara."
"Daddy? Food?"
"Here you go."
"Hey, there. You forgot some. Haven't you gotten the memo? I don't like to be dirty. Please clean this up."
"Thanks. That's a good whatever-you-are."
"Ooo. Wee ones. Just like me. Hello, wee one. I don't have any food anymore, but maybe if I put my hand out like this, you'll come closer."
"Yep, gotcha. Now let's see what you've got hiding in there."
"Hmm. A little leftover food. I think you dropped some right here."
"Let me introduce you to my big sister who has finally decided to join us in the petting zoo now that I know each animal by name. Diana, this is Billy. Billy, my big sister, Diana."
Alright. Enough of that for Diana. Let's move on to something that doesn't move again. (Actually, Diana was pretty brave, too. She went into the chicken coup after the goats and actually picked up a couple of chickens. I was very proud.)
Cara has also learned to be brave on the playground. She climbed all the way to the top of the peg ladder by herself (with Mommy or Daddy with hands 1/2 inch away from her torso, of course). She then figured out that she doesn't need Mommy or Daddy to help her down the slide. It's much more fun just to do it herself. So she did.
After getting home, it was play time as usual. We wanted to give a sneak preview for the big Benninghoff-Simpson wedding Diana started planning in the car yesterday. She has decided the lucky boy will, in fact, be Connor Simpson, and Mommy and Daddy have decided that this picture has to be one of the many shown on their wedding day.
No comments:
Post a Comment