Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to school!

Today is the first day of school here in Beaufort, so our lazy days of summer are now over. Wait a minute! I don't go to school yet! Neither does Mommy! So let the fun continue! :)

I have been so busy the last few weeks while my daddy was gone. I visited my Atlanta b-friend, added a new state to my list, and grew two new teeth!

So hold on because here we go!
Mommy decided that it was too boring sitting around the house with no Daddy, so we went and visited Uncle John and Auntie Liz in Atlanta! Of course, I was just lookin' to see that handsome guy Jack again!

He's grown up so much since January...I can still make him cry though!

The next weekend, Mommy and I traveled to the left coast to visit our friends in San Diego--Beckie, Chris, Garrett and Elena; Cynthia, Ian, Jack and Sam! On Friday, Mommy and I went to Sea World with Beckie, Garrett and Elena. It was so awesome! Here we kids are in front of the sea lions. We're all zoned out in awe of the cool animals!

Shamu was so awesome! He did lots of cool tricks!

I loved to clap for him!

Elena and I became fast friends. She was such a good mamacita and a big helper pushing me around in my stroller!

Mommy bought me a most excellent present...my favorite furry red monster, Elmo! I especially love to chew on his eyeballs.

Look Grandpa Jimbo! I found a walrus just for you! :)

I had so much fun at Sea World, but it was very exhausting. A little fiver never hurt anyone.

The next day was Garrett's 3rd birthday party! Auntie Beckie made a "dirt" cake. It looked so yummy, but mean Mommy wouldn't share any with me!

At the party, I met Jack and Sam for the first time. They were also most excellent playmates.

I love the playground! The wood chips have such a wonderful flavor!

After the party, we went back to Garrett and Elena's house and played dress-up. It was super fun.

On Sunday, we went to the San Diego Zoo. I saw so many cool animals!

That night, Mommy and I went to dinner with Jack and Sam (and their mommy and daddy too) and then to their house to play! I think Jack and I look good together, don't you?

Of course, Sam is pretty handsome too...and closer to my age...

How is a girl supposed to choose?

On Monday we had to come home. It was such a fun vacation, but very tiring.

When we got home, there were only 5 days left until....

...Daddy came home on Saturday! I'm ever so glad. Mommy was becoming a major grump.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

It was so great to see you! And Jack is still talking about baby Diana...I think there will be a fight between him and Sam for her...Daddy will have to choose!

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures! Diana is growing up so quickly! She is a real doll baby! Love, Rhonda Yamamoto

Anonymous said...

Wow, Diana has changed a LOT since we last saw her!!! We love you guys and miss you!!! I can't WAIT for Thanksgiving!!! Only five days until Diana's Birthday!!! YAY!
Lots of hugs and kisses!
Love,
Rachel

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

What a blast we had. However you forgot to include a mention of Elena's name for Princess Di -- Dananna! In fact she is now known as Dananna Banana around these parts. I am convinced that my mamacita thinks if she looks hard enough she'll find your girl hiding around the next corner. :)

John, Elizabeth, and Grace said...

Diana,
Your aunt and uncle are very jealous-- we love Sea World and hope to take you there someday!

See you in a few days. We love you so much!

love,
Auntie Liz and Uncle John
PS Your Uncle wants to say "Go Brewers!!!"