Saturday, September 12, 2009

Proud Citizens

Good morning, Mommy and Daddy. Do you know what today is? Yes, Daddy, it is college football gameday, but there's something even more important going on today.



It's a day to answer this question I so skillfully wrote on my sign below. "Dear Mommy and Daddy, What were you too busy doing when they took away my freedom and mortgaged my future? Love, Me."

So what do you do when your 2 year old asks you such a pointed question (especially when she's so darn cute)? You take her somewhere, anywhere, to help her find the answer. You take her to read this important quote from a very special, underread document..."Congress shall make no law...abridging...the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
So, we went for a little walk...

...with some of the greatest people on earth...our fellow Americans.

And what a glorious and inspiring scene it was!


The silent majority will be silent no longer.


Hundreds of thousands of freedom loving Americans traveled from across the country to send a message to both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue that they should not underestimate the will of the American people.


As our good friend Glenn Beck says:
The will of the American people is to return to these 9 principles and 12 values:
Principles:
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God, and he is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind, and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Values:
Honesty
Reverence
Hope
Thrift
Humility
Charity
Sincerity
Moderation
Hard Work
Courage
Personal Responsibility
Gratitude
Events like today prove why this country is great and will continue to be great. Despite what you see on TV, this generation of Americans is still committed the tenets of the Constitution, our republic, and capitalism. All across the country, Americans are filling wagons like the one below.
"Danger: Future Right Wing Extremist. Contents being armed with responsibility and constitutional ideals."
The American dream has always been to provide a better future to our children than we enjoyed ourselves. This dream will not end with us.


Thanks to a committed, and now energized, citizenry. Continue to make your voices heard. It's a long time 'til next November, and a lot of damage can be done between now and then.

Flip this House in 2010.

God bless America!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Diana for asking Mommy and Daddy to go to Washington today. Thank you for going for Grandpa Jimbo and Grandma and for Nana and Papa too. Let's hope that the people in the House, Senate and White House took notice!
PS. You looked adorable.
Love you,
Grandma