Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Fun

What a big weekend we had planned! Mommy and Daddy have been getting me all excited about this being "Potty Training Weekend." I had a whole bunch of cute panties with Elmo and princesses that I was so excited to try out. I even learned how to say "panties" just for the occasion. However, even though Mommy and Daddy were ready for potty training, I wasn't. I had lots of fun sitting on the potty, reading stories. I even liked the idea of getting my first M&M. However, I decided to hold off my big day for another weekend.


Today, I decided to combine a number of my favorite activities and new skills. As you all know, I love flipping though books and magazines. I have also learned to say many new words. Today, I was able to join these two activities with my third favorite activity, manipulating Daddy.

The Pottery Barn Kids catalog showed up at our house this weekend. In it, there was a cute house for little girls to play in. When I saw it, I looked at Daddy and said, "Wan." Thankfully Mommy was there to translate. Mommy knew I was saying "want." She then asked the natural follow-up, "What do you want, Diana?" I quickly responded (looking at Daddy), "house."

Daddy went into complete defensive mode thinking of every reason why I shouldn't have this $150 house. He finally asked me a question that allowed me to hook him. "Diana, where would we possibly put that in our house?" I pointed to my room. Now snap to it, Daddy.


As Daddy built me my house, I continually reminded him what he was building. "House," I would say. "House." When he finally finished, I went in to check it out.


Hmm. Looks pretty good. It comes fully furnished with a table, chairs, kitchen, TV, and plenty of toys. I think I'll take it.

Come on in. Let's play.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love that first picture! :) And that house is awesome!!!!! I'm totally jealous Diana!! My Daddy never made me a house like that!!!!
Lots and lots of love,
Roo-Roo :)